A tranquil seaside city, Hervey Bay is blessed with beautiful beaches and picture-perfect weather all year round. Whether you're a local or just visiting on holiday, there's plenty to see and do:
- There are over 800 parks, gardens, playgrounds and recreational areas to enjoy in Hervey Bay. Try out these five popular choices:
- Apex Park– Esplanade Pialba
- Dayman Park– Dayman St & James St Urangan
- Esa Park and turtle Rookery – On the Esplanade Between Flinders and Alpin St Pt Vernon
- Ernie Organ(train park) – Opposite Macks Rd on the Esplanade Torquay
- Pier Park– Cnr Esplanade and Pier St Urangan
- ReefWorld Aquarium: a fun day out for the whole family, ReefWorld Aquarium offers hands-on, interactive experiences such as feeding a shark or touching a turtle. If you're feeling brave, why not try swimming with sharks?
- Hervey Bay markets: Hervey Bay holds markets every week, offering something for everyone, including fresh produce, arts and crafts, homewares, clothing, accessories and more.
- Urangan Pier: one of the longest piers in Australia, Urangan Pier stretches for almost one kilometre into the ocean. Walk or cycle all the way to the end and you'll be rewarded with a breath-taking view of Hervey Bay. It's also a popular fishing spot and the perfect spot to catch whiting. The water next to the pier is ideal for windsurfing or kite surfing, and there's an array of restaurants and cafes across the road to explore and sample.
- WetSide Water Park: located on the foreshore at the junction of Main Street and the Esplanade, Pialba, Hervey Bay, Wetside Water Park is fun and free. The water park is both entertaining and educational, offering water fountains and slides of various sizes, plus detailed signage explaining how WetSide uses storm water and other techniques to conserve water.
- Whale watching: whales stay for up to 10 days in Hervey Bay, using the time to rest, play and socialise. Their relaxed mood means they sometimes approach boats of their own free will, creating a truly memorable experience for whale-watchers. Enjoy this wonderful natural phenomena from July to November, the whales' migratory season.
- Hervey Bay Go Kart Track: looking for a thrill? Head to the Hervey Bay Go Kart Track to test your driving skills. It's a great family day out, as the track is accessible to all different levels of drivers - even first timers! The track offers a good balance of easy and technical speeds, with both single and tandem go karts available.
- Shopping: whether you’re shopping for groceries, need a new pair of glasses or are looking for a brand new outfit, Pialba Place has got you covered with an eclectic selection of specialty retailers and supermarkets.
12 / 04 / 2016