Is your family still doing the traditional fish meal on Easter Friday?
We have a delicious recipe for...
Smoked Trout with Creamy Linguine and Fennel.
Find out how to create a memorable, easy meal for the crowd at your home this Easter.
A light, flavourful pasta dish that is surprisingly filling and easy to make. Perfect with a glass of white wine at lunch.
- Serves 8 people
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 400g smoked trout fillets, flaked
- 500ml cooking cream
- 800g linguine pasta
- 2 bulbs of fennel
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 1 cup pine nuts
- Sea salt, black pepper
- Lemon zest
- Finely slice the garlic and fennel. Roughly chop the parsley. Squeeze and zest the lemon and put aside.
- Bring water in a pot to boil and cook linguine until al dente (follow packet instructions).
- While boiling, heat oil in a frypan, add the garlic and fennel and cook until tender (about 3 minutes).
- Stir in lemon juice and cream.
- Add flaked trout and parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If the sauce is too thick add a dash of the the pasta water.
- Drain pasta and add into sauce. Toss through.
- Serve on plates. Sprinkle with pine nuts, zest and more parsley as required.
08 / 03 / 2017